Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Broadband Disconnecting

• Please log in to reply

manjix

manjix

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Since two days ago my Broadband connection keeps disconnecting.AllI have to do reconnect and all is fine.Its seems totally random and nothing seems to have changed on my PC to make this happen.I'm sure its something really dumb but has anyone any ideas ?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What is your setup? Are you directly connected or on a router? If you're on a router you may need to change some settings. Some ISPs are running out of web addresses so they will disconnect you anytime they run short.

manjix

manjix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,Thanks for answering.I am directly connected and I am fairly sure its not my settings.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is most likely down to the quality of the line. You may be able to bring up some stats of the line quality as reported by the modem.

Generally modems terminate the connection if they lose sync with the exchange for whatever reason; this could be number of users on already, weather conditions, line issues/interference or even an outage.

If this is a USB modem then these are often quite unreliable at the best of times.