Posted 23 October 2005 - 05:25 AM
Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:40 AM
Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:47 AM
1. Make sure that Windows XP Service Pack 1 is installed. Make sure that you have restarted your computer if you receive a message to do this.
2. Open Device Manager. Locate Devices by Type.
To open Device Manager, either run Devmgmt.msc at a command prompt, or follow these steps:
a. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
b. Expand System Tools, click Device Manager, and then click Devices by type on the View menu.
3. Right-click USB 2.0 EHCI Host controller, and then click Update Driver.
You can find the USB Host controller entry in either of the following locations:
• Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
• Other Devices
Note In the Other Devices location, the USB Host controller entry is labeled Universal Serial Bus controller with a yellow exclamation mark.
4. Click Install the software automatically (Recommended), and then click Next.
5. Click Finish when installation is finished.
Note You may receive a message to restart your computer to finish the installation.
Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:48 AM
thanks for your help, do you know if there is any way to do this without using any Microsoft service packs? after my very bad experiences in the past am trying to never use any of them again!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users