Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

weird phenomenon [resolved]

• Please log in to reply

Dtuneman

Dtuneman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm running Windows ME, and when ever I open a folder, instead of finding the list of files in that folder, I get a screen that is entirely blank, except for a little square in the upper left hand corner.

Posted Image

I've tried switching views, refreshing the page, restarting the computer, trying in safe mode, and none of this worked.
This happened after I used Ad-Aware and HiJack This to remove some spyware, though that was nothing out of ordinary. Any help would be appreciated

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Have you ever removed anything with Hijack This before? It can be tricky and if you remove the wrong thing, it can cause problems.

Dtuneman

Dtuneman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah, I've used HiJack This quite extensively in the past, though I guess it's possible I did something by mistake.
It's no big deal though, as my problem has since been fixed. I reinstalled Windows on top of the current version, and it fixed the problem.