Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CWShredder and Spybot trouble

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

drinky

drinky

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When i downloaded and installed CWShredder, all it tells me is this "CWShredder[1].exe is not a valid Win32 application". I can't seem to run it.

Also, I downloaded and installed Spybot, and all the updates say "bad checksum"
I cannot use this program untill i downlad updates, but this bad checksum thing is all I get.

Should I continue trying to use the rest of the suggested programs? Or wait till this gets figured out? Any ideas why these programs aren't working for me?

Please help!! Thanks

-Amber

Advertisements

drinky

drinky

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had to bump this post since it was pushed so far back that it couldn't be viewed anymore unless you had the direct link. I thought you guys helped people in order of posts. My question isnt a very hard one, i don't think anyway.

I'm infected with spyware i've been dealing with for over a week and i can't even do the beginning process to get the ball rolling on getting my computer better again.

I know this is free and all, but i do wish someone would actually help me.

:tazz:

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Welcome drinky to Geeks to Go!

I'm willing to try and help out.

Please post me a HijackThis log to check.

drinky

drinky

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I can't post a hijack log untill i do those other things i thought. But i can't even run some of those programs.

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Show me the HijackThis log and we'll see what we can do.