Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:35 PM
1. When the startup menu is displayed, select Windows 98.
2. Press and hold down SHIFT, and then press ENTER.
3. Keep holding down SHIFT until Windows 98 is loaded.
4. The words "Safe mode" should appear in all four corners of the screen to indicate that you are now operating in Windows 98 Safe mode.
Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:38 PM
I have a 98 cd that is of the Starts Here variety. Would that help in some way? I may be able to scare up a copy somewhere else, as well...
I think I'm back to square one in my quest for safe mode.
Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:39 PM
2. While your computer restarts, press and hold the CTRL key until the Windows 98 Startup menu is displayed.
NOTE: If you are using the EZDrive tool, press F8 instead of CTRL.
3. Select the Safe Mode menu option from the Startup menu, and then press ENTER.
1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Information.
2. On the Tools menu, click System Configuration Utility.
3. Click Advanced, and then click to select the Enable Startup Menu check box.
4. Click OK, click OK, and then restart your computer when you are prompted to do so.
5. Select the Safe Mode menu option from the Startup menu, and then press ENTER.
1. Insert a non-bootable floppy disk in the floppy disk drive, and then restart your computer.
2. When you receive the "Non-system disk or disk error. Replace and strike any key when ready" error message, remove the floppy disk from the floppy disk drive.
3. Press F8, and then press F8. When you do this, the Windows 98 Startup menu is displayed.
4. Select the Safe Mode menu option from the Startup menu, and then press ENTER.
1. Restart your computer in MS-DOS Mode.
2. From a command prompt type "win /d:m" without the quotation marks.
Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:48 PM
Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:50 PM
Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:13 PM
mine not the computers
Incorrect removal can cause hassles as they can then be looking for things that arn't there
but some links point to them (make sense ?)
How long have you been waiting for Malware people ?
Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:02 AM
I've been waiting for the malware cats for about a week, or maybe 5 or 6 days. I haven't fretted too much as I knew I'd have to get into safemode first regardless, and besides, beggars can't be choosers regardless the holiday.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users