Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound trouble

• Please log in to reply

Gibbs1

Gibbs1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
sorry for the multiple posts.....im not sure what happened.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Gibbs1!

Don't worry about it. One problem you have though, is that there is no posts in the other duplicate posts from you earlier, so could you please type in here the problem you are having and then i can help you.

Thanks,

Fenor

Gibbs1

Gibbs1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
oops
well, my problem is with the sound on this laptop. its a Compaq Evo N610c. The sound works fine sometimes(like right now) but sometimes it just cuts off suddenly and wont work for a few hours then it starts working again(sometimes). I was wondering if maybe the driver was messed up and if re-installing the driver would fix it. If so, how do I find out what kind of driver is in it. Also, can download drivers off the internet?
Thank you soo much!

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, was out of town all day and just got back. Go HERE and download the driver for your audio card.

Also, make sure you have gone to Windows Update and have gotten all the critical updates that are listed when you click EXPRESS INSTALL.

Fenor