Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hard drive space wont come back even after delete

• Please log in to reply

angryamerican

angryamerican

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
ok i have a 200GB and a 80GB hard drive..one is down to 2GB and the other is down to 6GB..today i went through and deleted at least 100GB worth of files and unplayed games...but it still says thats all the space left on those drives....anyone know how to fix this?

Advertisements

Inevitable

Inevitable

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
You emptied out your recycling bin?

angryamerican

angryamerican

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

You emptied out your recycling bin?

yes, i did

Inevitable

Inevitable

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
No clue then, sorry. Hopefully a tech will help you.

Bobbla

Bobbla

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
have you tryed formating? and if it works.. and your 200GB hdd only shows 128/137GB(or something like that) try to copy this in to notepad and save it as something .reg

REGEDIT4 
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Atapi\Parameters\] "EnableBigLba"=dword:00000001

something like that.. :woot: ahh.. probebly diden't help any of it.. WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!! nah.. just me talking dumb stuff again :woot: but the reg thingy works if you have the 128/137GB problem in XP :tazz:

are you sure that someone els isen't downloading some filty german [bleep] on your computer and just stores it there in a hidden folder? :) man.. what could it be?

angryamerican

angryamerican

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
im trying to avoid formatting at all costs...i have so much downloaded/ installed stuff that i dont want to waste more time installing/ redownloading.....

and, i am the only one who uses this computer..so there are no folders i dont know about

angryamerican

angryamerican

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
im trying to avoid formatting at all costs...i have so much downloaded/ installed stuff that i dont want to waste more time installing/ redownloading.....

and, i am the only one who uses this computer..so there are no folders i dont know about

angryamerican

angryamerican

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
how many partetions is it?

angryamerican

angryamerican

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
its split into 4...its acually a 250GB Hd...my 250 has 4 partitions, 2 partitions are completely empty, and then the two other ones are the ones that are down to the last GB's...

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Have you run scandisk or any other diagnostic tools? You may have a corrupted boot sector, which can cause this kind of problem.

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
You could move all your data to one of the partetions and just reinstall windows to your c: partetion if you have partetion magic or some other similar tool like that.