Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

files not being attached to nothing

• Please log in to reply

nettoon1991

nettoon1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
what is going on?!?!?!?!
i did what you told me to do and i click apply and then ok then i go back to options and look at see if the setting stayed the same and the option is still the same, i click the box press ok and it stays the same

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Try to open an mp3 file and see if Windows Media Player opens.

Fenor

nettoon1991

nettoon1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
there has been no change since i started this topic something keeps happening

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Do you have your XP cd handy? If so go to START-->RUN and type sfc /scannow. NOTE the space between sfc and /scannow. This will check your Windows files and see if any are corrupt/missing and replace any that are. After the blue bar goes away, reboot your computer and then try to open up a mp3 file. If it still doesn't work, go back and redo some of the suggestions I asked you to do throughout this topic and see if any of them stick this time.

If not of them work, then I suggest you do a REPAIR INSTALLATION of windows XP using the link in my signature as a guideline. Don't worry all your programs will still work afterwards and you won't lose any settings or files. It will only replace the operating system files (C:\WINDOWS). You will need to redo all windows updates after doing this.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 23 October 2005 - 09:05 PM.

nettoon1991

nettoon1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
no i dont have a windows cd but if i borrow my friends and use the repair is that legel ?