Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

• Please log in to reply

Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this whole thing but I could use your help. Today I was going through my computer and deleted some files that i didnt think was necessary but apparently one of them was. Since the removal of one of the files I have been getting an error that says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program: C:\Windows\Living~1.SCR

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for support.

I get the message right after i start my computer. I'm not sure what i deleted but if someone could give me some help, It would be greatly appreciated. I use mozilla as my browser instead of IE, and I added some extensions that I ended up uninstalling shortly after because they didnt come in as handy as i would of originally thought. So i didnt know if that could of been the problem as well. thanks in advance.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if its still in the recycle been you can restore it from there. you can also check ms and download the visual basic 6 runtime library.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
The Google toolbar is a common cause of runtime errors.