Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

• Please log in to reply

Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this whole thing but I could use your help. Today I was going through my computer and deleted some files that i didnt think was necessary but apparently one of them was. Since the removal of one of the files I have been getting an error that says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program: C:\Windows\Living~1.SCR

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for support.

I get the message right after i start my computer. I'm not sure what i deleted but if someone could give me some help, It would be greatly appreciated. I use mozilla as my browser instead of IE, and I added some extensions that I ended up uninstalling shortly after because they didnt come in as handy as i would of originally thought. So i didnt know if that could of been the problem as well. thanks in advance.

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
if its still in the recycle been you can restore it from there. you can also check ms and download the visual basic 6 runtime library.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
The Google toolbar is a common cause of runtime errors.