Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

using CMD internel command not recognised

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I have an error message/number 0x8024502d That is diplayed when trying to run windows updates. From microsoft the solution is, run cmd and type proxycfg -d. I have tried all sorts of combinations of the command line and get proxycfg -d is not recognised as an internel or external command, operable program or batch file. Can anybody help with this problem

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts

I just saw you other post, I see form it that you have an infection, please follow what I asked you to do in my reply. Some malware will prevent Windows Update from working. Once you have been given the clean bill of health form the malware experts please come back here if you are still have problems with Windows Updates, and I will help you.