Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with IE6

• Please log in to reply

webangel

webangel

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Lately I can't get into a lot of sites that I used to be able to get into. When I first connect sometimes it takes quite awhile for the homepage to open up. This morning I tried to get into my bank website and it went to Yahoo search instead. My bank name was there so I clicked on it and then it shows this page can not be displayed. I have no idea what is going on. There are some other sites that I can't get into but my bank one is really upset me. Also going from one site to another is very slow here lately. :tazz: If anyone can help me out on this I would greatly appreciate it.
webangel

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Try clearing the temporary files and history. Open IE, go to tools, internet options. Clear both there. That re-direct from your bank url to yahoo would be a concern to me as well. I suggest you scan for malware/virus if you have not already done so. You can follow the guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here. "