Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Modem Configuration-Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Please supply procedure for configuratiion of Modem for Windows XP

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what kind of modem

(i've been looking at alot of your posts and you really need to be more specific....if this is a language problem which...being from canada it shouldnt be...then you should know we're all pretty good at translating...but honestly...if you can't put a good description of the problem then we can't help you)

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
OK here's the situation. I want to change the modem in a Windows XP and I need to know after the mechanical end of it is done, what else do I have to do. Do I have to configure it and how do I go about doing it, eg. steps to be followed.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Regards

Waynf

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi waynf...

Write down the dial-up information from your current modem (ISP phone number, etc.).

Install the modem in the machine and plug the phone line in.

Start your computer. Windows XP probably already has the driver for your modem, if not you will get the install new hardware wizard. Point the wizard to the software that came with your modem...or...run the setup from the software itself and follow the prompts.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 27 October 2005 - 07:42 AM.