Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1 monitor, 2 desktops !

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I have 1 monitor which has the input for both analog & dvi. I got two desktops both can use either dvi or analog. If i use one with dvi & the other with analog, will i be able to connect both the desktops to this 1 monitor and then be able to switch between which comp i am viewing on the monitor. Any one got any clue whether this is anywhere near possible?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can use a switcher(exactly what it sounds like an adapter that takes the two outputs from your computers and lets you alternate between one or the other, most commonly used for switching between a monitor and a projector but they work backwards as in your case as well, though less commonly), simple affairs alot of people can put them together themselves but they are easily bought from a computer or any good electronics shop.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
very few monitors support the use of a monitor from both the analog or the DVI its usually a one or the other afair.

Edited by warriorscot, 24 October 2005 - 03:23 PM.