Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtumundo

• Please log in to reply

PoeticVampire

PoeticVampire

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am no genius when it comes to computers. I have no clue what Hijackthis is. I have some computer issues that I can't seem to get rid of. My virus and spyware scans tell me I have Virtumundo on my computer and it lies in the file C:WINDOWS/system32/pmkjh.dll, but I can't do anything with the file. It won't be deleted, it won't be cleaned, it won't be quarentined. I am very ignorant when it comes to a deeper understanding of the computer. Please be gentle with my fragile mind. :tazz:

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Please download the latest version of Hijack This. Click here to download the latest version (1.99.1). Please save it in a permanent folder (such as C:\HJT). This is to ensure that backups are saved and accessible in the event you should need it. Follow the instructions below if you are unsure how to save it in a permanent folder:
1.) Click on the link to download HijackThis.exe.
2.) When it pulls up the box (for you to pick a location to save the file), click on the pulldown menu and select "[C:]".
3.) Click on the button to "create new folder" and name the folder HijackThis
4.) Double click on the folder you just made (to go into the folder) and click "save" on the bottom of the box.

Double-click HijackThis.exe and choose 'Scan and save a log'. It will open a Notepad file. You can copy the content and past it in your reply to this topic.

Based on that log I can advise you on what to do next.