Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geeks to Go Issue

• Please log in to reply

jrom727

jrom727

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Hello Geek Friends,

I was referred on the Geeks to go bootcamp by a TSG (techguy.org) mod to have an Anti-Spyware training since I want to help fight spyware.

But after registering and submitting an application form, I received a blank page... is that it? how can I have my training (obviously im not familliar with this site yet). what is my next step?

Can someone please advise me what to do next... I really love helping others but if I had isolated the issue is being cause by a malware, cant do much to help folks...

Thanks!

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo :) Can you tell me when you submitted the form? I am the one who those are emailed to. Normally, yes..you will get a blank page afterwards. However, I haven't received an application from you. If it was within the past few minutes...it could be that my mail client is being slow, which isn't unusual. :tazz:

jrom727

jrom727

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Hi Kat!

Thanks for responding...
I submitted my form last, i beleive, last friday and did one again last night...

Let me know if you need me to submit another application if you didn't received any of my application (they have the same content)

Thanks again,
jdub86
:tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The blank page was supposed to be a confirmation page that we've received your application. Obviously, it's broken. We're looking into it. :tazz:

jrom727

jrom727

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

The blank page was supposed to be a confirmation page that we've received your application. Obviously, it's broken. We're looking into it. :tazz:

Thanks admin... im looking forward being trained, so I can start eliminating malwares!

jrom727

jrom727

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Another query... regarding thread subscription.

I am subscribed to this thread as Immediate Notification. but I have NOT received any emails from Geeks To Go.

I check my e-add and it was correct.
I used Gmail and I checked my Spam folder but can't see anything from geeks to go.

Is there something I missed?

Thanks in advance! :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Everyone is subscribed to threads they start and reply to automatically. I'm not sure why you didn't receive an email. I'll look at your settings now.

jrom727

jrom727

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
for the first time I received one email.... i guess 2nd issue is resolved now.

Vikesrock8411

Vikesrock8411

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
I submitted an application for Geek U about a week or a week and a half ago. I submitted another one a day or two ago and have not gotten a response at all. I was wondering if my applications were being recieved or not? If this normal and my application is being processed, then sorry to waste your time.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Please submit your application again. We had an issue with the mail script not working after updating some server software.

jrom727

jrom727

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Thanks admin, hope it'll work now... :tazz:

ok, i'll submit again.

Vikesrock8411

Vikesrock8411

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
Thanks for the prompt reply admin. I have resubmitted the application and this time the blank page was replaced by a different page. Looks like you got things up and working again :tazz:

jrom727

jrom727

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
no more blank page...
thanks for the quick action :tazz:

jrom727

jrom727

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
got my Geek U forum now. woohoo!!!
:tazz: thanks Geek to go staff.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
:tazz: It's great to see people so anxious to train! :) I apologize for the difficulties. As admin stated, we had some issues with the application due to the recent upgrades to the forum. However, I can guarantee the form is working properly now. I've received eleven applications so far today. :woot: :)