Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Integrated graphics

• Please log in to reply

SoulJa86

SoulJa86

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I admit I'm not the that good at computer but i know enough to get me by. but I'm a gamer and I have 64 mg integrated graphics, I have no real budget to speak of, so I was wondering if i could dedicated my computer RAM to be my graphics RAM?

Thanx for any help you could offer.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

If your graphics are integrated, you already are dedicating 64 megs of system memory to the video..

You could try booting into BIOS and seeing if you can increase that amount.

Murray

SoulJa86

SoulJa86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
thx I'll give that a try

SoulJa86

SoulJa86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I tired to increases to available Video ram in bios but it would only allow me to change it from 1 to 8 mg. On another forum someone said that that was the same as 64 mg in Win OS

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Uhm, no

Sorry, but that is pretty standard for "workstation" machines, but it is far too little for Windows XP or games.

You're only option is to put in a different, dedicated card. If you can disable the integrated device to get back the ram, good. if not set it to 1meg.

Be careful....a lot of these machines do not have an AGP slot, meaning your only option is a slower pci card. So check before buying