Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS checksum error

• Please log in to reply

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
ok my key board dosnt work it is recognized but dosnt work i can't press enter to boot from system disk and nothing i do withthe ram is makeing a diffrence.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You would need to make a bootable floppy with an autoexec.bat file which is edited to install the BIOS upgrade when it boots up. That way you don't need the keyboard to run the installation. It's about your only hope here.

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
ok i read it wrong does a bios rom checksum error make a difrence in the situation? and how do i get the exe file?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

ok i read it wrong does a bios rom checksum error make a difrence in the situation? and how do i get the exe file?

A checksum error means your BIOS is corrupted, and you have to get the BIOS flash files from the motherboard or computer maker's website, and read and follow all instructions carefully, but in your case they need to be modified to fit your situation. For instance the last machine I flashed the BIOS in, the floppy had an I/O error and I had to use the hardrive to do the install. It worked and corrected the floppy problem too. If the checksum error is in the CMOS it means your CMOS memory is bad, or the battery is bad.

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
ok then i just put the files onto a hard drive and then what?