Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SpySherriff owns my system

• Please log in to reply

dpends

dpends

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Infected with this malware. It has taken hold of the system. I have tried to use safe mode to eliminate "whatever" spysheriff does in config files and had deleted it from Regedit. Foolishly I restarted the computer. Now it is difficult to do anything at all. Windows (from disk/cd loads to a point and then says "unmountable-boot-volume"; windows quits prior to serious system error. I disabled Bios options relating to cache in start (F10) ... no avail. To start windows (in safe mode after that took 35 minutes). Is all lost.
PS. I am writing this on a different computer to gain internet access.
Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The Malware Team will deal with this when you can actually start your PC :tazz:

Please go here to repair your operating system

Repair XP

If you are unable to run Repair XP

Alternate XP Repair Guide

Use the last one - Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation, which uses a slightly different method

Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

After running the repair it will be necessary to install all Windows Updates

Then go here

Please go here: Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

Make sure the boot priority is set CD ROM Drive then hard drive