Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

registry problem

• Please log in to reply

dceasy

dceasy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
well im having trouble being able to activate 3dsmax 7 and 8. i have winxp sp2 and so does my girl and i was able to register no problem on hers but on mine when i click activate the product it comes to a screen with two bullets and says register today at top of window but when you click on the bullets it does nothing but on my girls pc it comes up with request code and a full page no bullets. is there some program i need to view this or do i need to get rid of a program thats interferring. im pretty computer literate so if you can help i can understand. i only have 30 days b4 it expires and i really need to buy or register this product for school so please help anyone. ive also had a similar problem with norton antivirus 04 and 05 hopefully im not the only one who has had this problem

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Not entirerly certain what you are asking?

It could be that you are trying to register/activate a program that has already been registered/activated? Since 3dsmax is only licensed to one user per serial, are you pirating software?

We do not offer assistance for pirating software

dceasy

dceasy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
it gives u 2 options activate the product or run the product i want to activate it. i did so on my girls pc and the registration screen came up and was able to follow it to end and registered it. but i,m also trying to obtain a license on my pc but on my computer when i click to activate it the screen comes up with nothing but a 2 bullet bulleted list. you can click on the bullets as if you were selecting another option but it does nothing. On my girls it shows thereg screen on mine it shows that. my question is y and how to fix it not a pirater just need program license cause i'm a student in the 3d modeling field. ty and any tips or things you think it could be would be great thanks again

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I do not know what mechanism that program uses for activation, but it could use a hash on the cd that will not allow the program to be activated twice.

Your intention may be noble, but their antipiracy feature cannot know that.

It could also be simply your scripting host is crapped up...downloading and reinstalling the scripting host might fix that

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

dceasy

dceasy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks but i figured it out,not really but i solved it. theres a portable ulity license and if u export the license file and then import it on the pc u want it on it works perfect. Still dnt no y it doesnt show up. I had already fixed it before i read your post but i downloaded that scripting anyhow figure i might as well be up to date. Thanks again you guys r great keep it up.