Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Safe Mode Bootup

• Please log in to reply

volcar

volcar

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Recently I have been experiencing a slow boot up problem with the Compaq model D510CMT PC (with Windows XP operating system) at my office. And in an attempt to correct the problem I tried to run your WinsockXP for Windows XP/2000/NT, however,
It will not run. As a consequence, I attempted to correct the boot up problem using a Compaq Diagnostic Tool installed on the system & instead of correcting the problem it has created another the nature of which is as follows:
The system now only boot up in the Safe Mode & will not load some stuff e.g. the ADLS connection, Antivirus etc. in addition whenever I attempt to use the Help & Support in order to Restore the system to an earlier date I keep getting the following message “ Windows cannot open Help & Support because a system service is not running. To fix this problem start the service mane Help & Support. Can anyone tell me how I can get the system to boot up in the Normal Mode & not the Safe Mode? Thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisements

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Your easiest option is to just reinstall Windows XP. Another soulution to your problem would to use another computer, download the latest virus definitions for your AV, when you have done this, load the defs. up onto a jumpdrive or a floppy if you have one, then boot in safemode, update your AV in safemode and have it do a complete scan of your system and fix all virus'.

Chumara

Chumara

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
normally the brand name systems come with a recovery cd that reinstalls your OS and stuff to when you bought it you should use that unless you have some important data you need to recover first

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
and they uselly don't work to get rid of viruses you could also reset your system to a recent time a app. that comes with xp and me.