Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Freezes

• Please log in to reply

Big Jon

Big Jon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My computer has recently started freezing whilst it's been running well for 5 minutes or the computer just doesn't load up at all. I have tried Formatting both hard drives and putting Windows back on again but that only seems to work for a few boot ups. I thought it could of been something to do with the CMOS but now it stops working when checking that out as well. When it doesn't load up at all the only things to start up are the hard drives, fans and CD drives. Any ideas on what it is???

Advertisements

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
you might need a new power supply

Big Jon

Big Jon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I thought of that but when it stops the screen still show the picture that was left. I thought it could have been something to do with the RAM but is there anything that it could be caused by???

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
it is possible a bad power supply could do that. I dobut it would be the ram if i tstill reads the ram as all their then you dont have any errors on it.

Big Jon

Big Jon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the help, I borrowed a friends power supply and it seems to have done the job now. I think that the old one was just not powerful enough to cope.

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
no prob man any time and see ya later