Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CS:S crashing computer

• Please log in to reply

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Up until the last valve update I have had no problems with CS:S, now everytime I try to launch it, it completly restarts my computer and asks me to send an error report. Ive updated DX, and my video card drivers. I have the Nvidia Gforce 6500. Please help me! I miss playing it sooo much.

Advertisements

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
:tazz: help me pleaes :)

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP...
PLEASE...

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
try adjesting some of the ingame setting, or try runing a nother source engine game and see if it run, but being like this isn't gonna help you get help

markis

markis

banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sorry, that is my original post before I had an account. I cannot acces the in game settings because it doesnt load the game more than 3 seconds before it reboots my computer. Also when I try to run Half Life 2 it also reboots my computer. I have contacted steam and they have released a new update but it has no effect on my computer.

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
well, a few of the seggestions i can ofer is to right click on the line that said CS:S and go to properties, and then check to see if the game itself is updateing, then go and tell it to check the integraty of it, if you still can't run it, then all i can say is, hit the delete button in the properties menu and re-DL it from steam

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
hi markis,

have you recently tried running any other 3d accelerated games? if so, did you have problems with them as well?

try going to your display settings and turning off vertical sync (in both open gl and 3d). reduce your hardware acceleration a bit (or just turn it off) and see if that helps any.

also check the nvidia specifications on your gfx cards to see the recommended temperature on a load and make sure your cards not overheating. you may need a better cooling solution if your fan isnt cutting it, or if you pc isnt just properly ventilated

ive never conducted a load test, but i know there are programs that you can use to test your gfx card and temp. i instinctively tend to upgrade the fan, and psu because most computers that i build i use to play games as well so you will probably have to ask a G2G member about what programs you can use to run your load tests and what the results mean.

so yea
gl hf

Kalian

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Edited by Kalian, 26 October 2005 - 12:19 PM.

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
if the game update was the problem you would at least be able to access the console.

by the way it reboots, im assuming its the load being put on the gfx accelerator. though i may be wrong

do G2G staff a favor by posting your stop error code. to do this

1. right click my computer
2. click on the advanced tab
3. Under system and recovery click on the settings buttons
4. Uncheck the automatically restart button
5. Click ok, and close the tab.

Run steam and copy the stop error on the blue screen (you're going to have to write it down by hand).

Usually it'll be a little phrase and then a bunch of numbers looking something like
DRIVERS_NOT_RECOGNIZED 0x00000080

of course i just made that one up. but yea. it would help to know the stop error as well so it gives some kind of technical reference point to where the problem is.

markis

markis

banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
okay, it gave me the stop error and here it is:

*** STOP: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005 0xbf0abac4, 0xb98a9af4, 0x00000000) *** nv4_disp.dll - address BF0ABAC4 base at BF012000, date stamp 432223ff

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
that would be video card driver more likely then not.

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
actually it may be faulty ram.

try running memtest

Download it from http://www.geekstogo...action=cat&id=1

hope you have a floppy drive

Edited by Kalian, 26 October 2005 - 04:09 PM.

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
hey markis i have a spare if you need aone and you will