Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming RIG suggestions?

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
That seems about it, you should be able to pick up 7800GTXs pretty cheap soon, after ATI thrashed them with the slower of the two gfx core releases this year i wouldnt be surprised if they dropped 20% off them when the R580 core gfx cards are released, i feel sorry for the folks that went out and got 7800s as soon as they came out.

Advertisements

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Any other suggestions?

Does my mobo support X2 processors??
How is the power supply??
Is this one better:
The antec SP 500
http://pccyber.ca/sc...product_id=6506

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Anything antec means quality its one of the few pc hardware manufacturers with a really good consistent reputation for solid reliable hardware.
All the nforce4 939 mobos support x2 cpus.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
So i wil go with the antec power supply.

How is my RAM and HD?
Any other suggestions?

General Klink

General Klink

• Pip
  • 1 posts
If you want rock solid reliability for the PS, go with the Antec. I have an Ultra PS from Tigerdirect. They are realtively inexpensive, but they are Great IMO.

http://www.tigerdire...26&sku=ULT31592

The modular braided cables look awesome too.
It is a little loud due to the large fan. It has large heavy components inside and heavy gauge wiring, which shows it is nicely made. I have 2 of them running on both my PCs with no problems at all. I believe they are only sold through Tigerdirect though.

I would definitely recommend Newegg for your highend stuff though.

http://www.newegg.com

Tiger is better for budget deals. Rebates are involved, but I've never been refused one yet, and Tiger sends them to you lightning fast now.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
ok

speedman

speedman

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Just get a good graphics card man, one that can play hard rocking games e.x Most Wanted(no spesifications yet), Battlefield 2. Maybe your a gamar mybe not but its good to have a good card so get a good card, o and the comp locks good just need some accesseries.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
accesories like???

speedman

speedman

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Like a good cool system and by that I mean a good CPU coling device, good case fans, hard drive cooler, RAM cooler and if you have a gaming case you can get some lights up in there you no accesseries like that. O and try to get a copy of your windows(XP,98,ETC.) If your formating or if you have a new hard drive it will come in handy.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
How many fans does my mobo support (A8N-SLI Deluxe).

Advertisements

speedman

speedman

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Well I try looking but did not find out, so the best thing to do is ask the company, someone else might no. If I get it I will post it.