Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen Resolution

• Please log in to reply

Bookie625

Bookie625

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
At work we have two icon's on our desktops, labeled 800x600 and 1024x768. These buttons are used to automatically toggle between the two different screen resolution settings without going through the Display Properties menu (Appearance tab).

If it's possible I'd like to put these buttons on my own desktop as it makes changing the resolution much less of a hassle (I like to work at 800x600 but there are more and more websites and applications which will not display correctly in anything less than 1024x768).

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Bookie625!

The easiest way to do this is to go to the computer at your work, and email the two icons as attachments in an email to your home email address and then save them to your desktop.

Fenor

Bookie625

Bookie625

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
The only problem is that we're not able to email outside addresses.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Then save them on a floppy disk or burn em to a CD, whichever you prefer.

Fenor