Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cd-rom dvd drive

• Please log in to reply

dutchdummy

dutchdummy

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
[font=Arial Black][size=7][color=#333333][b]

I had a nasty virus and removed all what the virus scans and adware and spyware programmes told me to (including my G part of my hd)
since then i can not use my cd-rom dvd drive anymore as it is invisble
also nero doesn't work anymore now

my cd-rom drive was G on my hd

i have heard of partition of hd and looked that up on google, but after having tried for over a month to get my cd-rom dvd drive becoming visible and working again, i gave up.

i can not burn cd's anymore and neitjher play them as the drive is not shown

would anyone be so kind as to help me, i'd really appreciate that.

as my name is dutchdummy you may have gathered already i am not a pc expert:(

thanks a million i advance

jakob

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try CD Gone Patch from this list

http://www.geekstogo...action=cat&id=1

dutchdummy

dutchdummy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i downloaded that small programme, but my g-drive, the one for cd-rom and dvd is still not visible :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start the right click my computer then properties then hardware then device manager, click + next to CD ? DVD ROM Drives, if it is listed there, right click it then click update driver

If that does nothing then right click it and click uninstall, confirm then reboot, look for the drive

dutchdummy

dutchdummy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
:) :woot: :tazz: It's working! After i rebooted the g-drive of my pc, my cd-rom/dvd drive was visible again and now i can watch and play my cd-roms and dvds again. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTION. first time since September i am able to watch my dvds and play my music again on my pc. Words fail me, but thanks a million, if not a zillion!!!

jakob

dutchdummy

dutchdummy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
:) :woot: :tazz: It's working! After i rebooted the g-drive of my pc, my cd-rom/dvd drive was visible again and now i can watch and play my cd-roms and dvds again. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTION. first time since September i am able to watch my dvds and play my music again on my pc. Words fail me, but thanks a million, if not a zillion!!!

jakob

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know