Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Burning Help Needed

• Please log in to reply

THFC

THFC

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi,

I have a problem which I hope can be easily sorted by the great minds of this forum, the problem may seem trivial for you, but I have no idea how to sort it :tazz:

I am trying to copy music to a cd, the problem is that the music file is 90 mins 29secs long, how can I manage to put this onto a cd which says it can have 80 mins, i.e why can't it just copy the 80 mins instead of totally rejecting the whole lot? Is there any quick solution? are there such things as 90 min CDRW?

Thanks,
THFC

Edited by THFC, 25 October 2005 - 05:22 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
There are others but audacity will let you edit the track

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/

ComputerJoe

ComputerJoe

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
As Keith says you could cut the music down. However, if your CD player allows it I suggest you burn it as an MP3 (data); it will probably work then.

THFC

THFC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanks for both of your replies,

As Keith says you could cut the music down. However, if your CD player allows it I suggest you burn it as an MP3 (data); it will probably work then.

Could you tell me how I would go about doing this? What is the best program to use, I am using Windows media player at present,

Cheers,
THFC

Edited by THFC, 26 October 2005 - 03:23 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can also get this, which will convert mp3 to Wav / Wav to mp3

http://www.snapfiles...amberaudio.html

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Could you tell me how I would go about doing this? What is the best program to use, I am using Windows media player at present,

Hi THFC,
Could you tell me what software you used to 'copy music to a cd'? Was it Ahead Nero? If I'm right you can just choose 'Make data disk' option instead 'Make Audio CD' option in this application. This way the size of your further CD stuff will measured not in minutes but in MB and will be the same with your music files summary size that they reserve on your hard drive. Since an ordinary CD size is 700 MB you'll be easily able to write your music files to CD. Don't forget to finalize it (a special tick during burning) because some mp3 players can't recognize not finalized CD.
However you haven't told us what kind of file format are your music files. You can decrease their size as Keith said by converting them to mp3 in case they are wav files.