Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Virus of some sort

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok, last Monday, someone on my aim list sent me this link and it was said to be a picture. And like the retard I am, I clicked it and it downloaded something to my computer, and then spammed my aim list and sent it to everyone that was listed online. I don't know exactly what it was that was downloaded to my computer, and my computer seemed fine until now.

When I returned from being out of town over the weekend, I turned on my computer, and all was well until I tried to launch and application. It just turned my mouse cursor into an hour glass and sat there. It wasn't locked or frozen but I could not open any programs, I could not ctrl alt delete, nothing. So I restarted my computer, and did a system restore, and then things were ok. But this morning, after I restarted my computer, it did the exact same thing.

I bought McAfee or whatever, and ran it, and it didn't catch anything. I have run Ad-Aware several times, and I have the Microsoft anti spyware, and it has not caught anything either. I would run hijack this, but I can't launch any programs so I don't know how. Would it work in safe mode? Also, when I am in safe mode, everything is incredibly slow. Is that normal?

Edited by Meatsack, 25 October 2005 - 07:45 AM.