Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

locating CMOS battery

• Please log in to reply

budzoid

budzoid

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
In an earlier forum I was told to check the voltage of my CMOS battery. Can someone tell me where to find this and how to recognize it. I have a 4 year old ACER tower with WIN98 installed.
Thanks,
Budzoid

Advertisements

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
This is what you cmos battery looks like
Posted Image
it would be esair if you knew the type of mother board so the exact location of the battery could be give.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Just replace the battery there cheap, a local computer store or Radio shack will have one.

Remember to discharge static electricity from yourself by touching the case before touching anything inside the computer.

Rick

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it should be the only battery on the motherboard...and the voltage should be written on the battery itself...this is only the standard average voltage of the fully charged battery. i assume they are wanting you to check and see if that bettery is dead.....the best way to do that is to replace it with a new one...and see if it fixes your problem