Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Referenced memory at 0x00000000

• Please log in to reply

jbhunter77

jbhunter77

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I login to Windows, an Explore.exe – Application error message box pops up. The error says “The instruction at “0x10026134” referenced memory at “0x00000000”. The memory could not be “written””. Click ok to terminate or cancel to debug. If I click one of them, the Start button and task bar disappear. The only thing I can do is hit Ctrl Alt Delete even if I leave the error message up I can’t click anything.

Advertisements

Ruckus

Ruckus

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have seen a similar error message before, I'm not sure if it is the same or not. Sometimes it has to do with the way the motherboard and your RAM interact with each other. You might try updating your motherboard bios to the newest version.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
Do you have a valid XP cd?

If so, place it in your CD ROM drive and follow the instructions below

Start > Run > cmd then type

sfc /scannow (note the space)

let this run untill you get a message saying it is complete.

sfc - system file checker, retrieves the correct version of the file from %Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect file.

If you want to see what was replaced, right click My Computer > manage, expand event viewer > system.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
this is somewhat common with malware programs that are poorly written

My suggestion is to drop into safe mode and see if you can disable the malware...drop into safe mode by tapping the f8 key during boot up, then go to the malware forum for more instructions