Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Standby missing

• Please log in to reply

Traceywolf

Traceywolf

• Pip
  • 2 posts
<_< For quite a while now, our PC has not offered the standby mode. I prefer to use standby, I guess because I am lazy and do not want to turn it on and off rather than just wiggling the mouse. I receive automatic updates and have numerous patches on here from Microsoft, now that you mention it. Can anyone help me get my standby mode working again? I have tried to use the power options and questioned the help and support Windows supplied, but it reveals nothing. If you have the answers I need, I would be happy for you to email me at 'email removed'. Thanks!

Edited by admin, 29 March 2004 - 12:27 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome Traceywolf <_<

I've split your post into it's own topic to avoid confusion. Also, I've removed your email address. It's not a good idea to post your email on a public bulletin board as it's a good way to receive lots of spam. :D (If someone needs to contact you by email there's an email button below your post.)

The easiest resolution would be to use system restore to a date before the problem began. However, since it's been going on for some time this may not be an option.

Next. do you remember making any changes to the BIOS? Power management might have been disabled.

If not, your best option may be a Windows XP repair installation. Detailed instructions can be found here:
http://www.geekstogo...p?showtopic=138

Traceywolf

Traceywolf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:D Thank you very much! I did restore. I had to go all the way back to December, but it brought back my standbay. Now my only problem is that I lost my wolf howls and growls. LOL I cannot remember where I found them. LOL But I will find them in time. I appreciate the help!!!
Tracey <_<