Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't access home PC anymore!

• Please log in to reply

kdoggfunkstah

kdoggfunkstah

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I had my TightVNC service running for a while (a few months to be a little more specific), and out of the blue i couldn't not VNC into my computer anymore! I also found out that I could not ping to my IP address of the router both from work or from the pc that is conneted in that network.
I tried using a winsock fixer executible, and that did not work.
Remote desktop doesn't work anymore either.
I tried checking my router configs and they all look good.
Has anyone seen this type of problem before? please help! Thank you!

Advertisements

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
hmm. good ? it may sound like you may need to perhaps reset your network ip or restart everything and try to ping it with a prompt command from dos or through command prompt. and with the virtual network computing remote user software what other network programs are you trying to use with it that may either support it or run it?

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
What OS does the computer with the problems run on, and what model/brand router do you have?

SandyJax

SandyJax

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
You are saying that, from your end, the Internet looks good, but from outside, you're not there anymore?
Sanity check: Verify that your ISP hasn't changed your router's outside IP.