Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spy Sheriff

• Please log in to reply

InTheIrons

InTheIrons

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I finally got rid of the spy sheriff , but my wallpaper is still locked ..... If I go into 'display in the control panel under desktop, I can not change it ..... How can I get this done?

Advertisements

skate_punk_21

skate_punk_21

Malware Removal Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 1,049 posts
If you dont mind me asking, are you sure its gone? I can offer you the registry fix, but im curious how you got rid of it. If there are remnants, they can be rekindled.
Skate

InTheIrons

InTheIrons

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The program doesn't show up in "Add remove" programs, or when I do a search for "Spy Sheriff." I ran a Ad-Aware sweep which didn't help. I dowloaded an ran "Spy Sweeper," which appears to have fixed most of the delima. Like I said, the only reminants is that the wallpaper is locked. I can change the color scheme under the "appearence" tab, but I can't change the wallpaper.