Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply

computer junkie34

computer junkie34

• Pip
  • 6 posts
yesterday i was very foolishly looking for a free dvd player and i found one named cliprex dvd player, i deleted it, however i think i may have inadvertantly changed my computer to only being able to play cliprex files because i have limewire and every time i want to view a video file it say that it will only play cliprex dvd format files when i know it can play under windows media

Advertisements

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

We can work with your main question, but just so you know for future posts, P2P software apps such as Limewire are not supported by this forum and can/will cause your thread to be closed.

But, let's work on the codec issues. I was a bit confused by your last sentence. Can you still play video files (avi, wmv) with Windows Media Player? Are you able to play any video files?

For future reference and video/DVD viewing needs, I highly recommend the free open-source Media Player Classic. Small, fast and plays pretty much everything including DVD's. Check it out at:
http://www.divx-dige...er_classic.html
http://sourceforge.n...cts/guliverkli/

Also, when you deleted cliprex DVD player, did you use the "uninstall" option or simply delete the folder from your hard drive?

Cheers,
Tom

yesterday i was very foolishly looking for a free dvd player and i found one named cliprex dvd player, i deleted it, however i think i may have inadvertantly changed my computer to only being able to play cliprex files because i have limewire and every time i want to view a video file it say that it will only play cliprex dvd format files when i know it can play under windows media