Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can't use safemode to remove this!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The person in this thread http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=70331
had the same exact virus/trojan, I had this once before and removed it with those instructions,
but now it's back and I can't remove it because my computer won't boot in safemode!

When I try to boot in safemode, the comp gets to the part with a list of drivers ect. But when it gets to "Agp440.sys" it locks up and I have to reset. What can I do to fix this? Is it possible to remove it without safemode? How can I fix safemode?

Hijackthis log: Removed, Problem fixed.

Update: I was able to boot to safemode and remove the virus 100% with the directions in the thread linked above. This can be deleted.

Thanks again :tazz:

Edited by Krunchy, 26 October 2005 - 01:08 PM.