Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MP3 Deleting Itself

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hey everyone, dunno if this is the right section to post this question, but is it possible a full song MP3 could delete itself after certain hours? I downloaded this song the day before and I'm pretty sure where I put it, now I can't see it in that directory (there's no one else using my computer). Using AV, registry monitor programs and firewall... A new type of virus? lol Dunno

Thank You for your honesty about your version of Windows

Geeks To Go are unable to help anyone who does not have genuine software installed

http://www.geekstogo...ndpost&p=426027

Edited by Keith, 28 October 2005 - 07:08 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Perfectly possible. If you're using System Restore and didn't put the file in My Documents.

Otherwise Internet Security Suites will rip out anything they consider to be a threat to your system. If this includes an MP3 file then so be it, especially those that contain scripting technologies which Microsoft ill-advisedly introduced in Media Player 9.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I've downloaded files that were timed to delete themselves. Don't know what script they used!!!

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
First time it happened to me :tazz: It was a good song too :| I disabled system resotre ages ago so it must be that "script" thing you guys mentioned :) bugger