My system specs are:
1. AMD Duron (Applebred) 266MHz FSB with 64KB L2 Cache Socket A Processor
2. Rosewill DDR 266 (PC 2100) 184-Pin Memory - 1 stick: 256MB
3. APEX PC-115 ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 350W Power Supply
4. ASRock K7VM3 Socket A (Socket 462) VIA KM266Pro Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Here is what I have tried so far:
1. Using another power-supply unit (that I know works).
2. Clearing the CMOS via taking out the internal battery and shorting the clr_cmos pins.
3. Taking out DIMM #1 and attempting a post from there.
4. Removing all components and initializing from the motherboard grounded on a piece of cardboard (with only the cpu, psu, and ram hooked up)+ One trial outside of the case w/o the ram in the same conditions.
5. Trying another monitor (two, actually).
6. Reading the manual to make sure all of the jumpers are in the correct spot - the fsb is set @ 266mhz (factory), and pins 1-2 of the cmos are short.
7. Booting with and without fans.
8. Screaming AT THE DAMNED COMPUTER AND THREATENING TO KILL IT.
I RMA'd two previous PCChips motherboards that were giving me the same results. I have built several computers before and have never encountered this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance...