Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

installed new motherboard

• Please log in to reply

john B

john B

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have a emachines c2684 and i am installing a new motherboard but the lttle wires in the front for the power swtich and the HDD led and power led have me stumped HELP! :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Youneedamanual!!! On most older machines the little wires have labels on the connectors which tell their function. There may also be labels on the mobo. But if there aren't any labels you need the manual for the motherboard, usually in .pdf format, and the one for the box, or the older machines motherboard. So you may need two manuals.

john B

john B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i have the manuel but it is doesnt help very much, the plugs are labeled, power switch, HDD led etc but the mobo isnt labeled :tazz: the pins look like this

and i have 3 plugs power switch, power led and HDD led

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You have the manual for the mobo? It should tell you the pinouts. What models ar the old and new mobo?

john B

john B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
the model for my mobo is from emachines there # is AU31 but it is an FIC mobo and there models # is k7m-nf18g the diagram seems kinda vage to me? :tazz:

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
FIC doesn't have a version of the manual on their website yet! so I can't help you on that. But here is the support page for the board. Usually the power switch will be the pins at the end of the connector.

http://www.fic.com.t...px?model_id=137

Edited by Tyger, 26 October 2005 - 02:41 PM.