Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's wrong with my monitor/video card?

• Please log in to reply

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I can't get it above 60Hz no matter what i do -- I switch the Hz in the control panel and it says it's switch, but there's still a flicker and it still says It's going at 60Hz under the multiple monitor display properties screen

could this be a problem with my video card? (radeon 9700) should I try reinstalling the drivers? If so how do i do that..

And yes the monitor is capable of the refresh rate i'm putting it on, it's a 19" and can do 1600x1200 @ 75 Hz, 1280x1024 @ 85 Hz (which is what i always use) and so on. yes i tried all resolutions and refresh rates, they all default to 60 HZ or actually i can make them interlaced if i want but nothing more than 60Hz no matter what resolution

if it matters, it started happening when I was ALT + TABing out of Serious Sam 2 because i needed to underclock my overclock a little bit....

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can download drivers for Radeon from ATI (34MB) 5.10

Does ATI recognise the monitor correctly, Catalyst control centre, monitor properties, attributes