Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Banner Removal

• Please log in to reply

jadyn

jadyn

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
hey there,

i am making a website with geocities (it's free..) and i have heard that there is a code to remove the geocities banners that can be of annoyance.

i have tried an html code or two and it hasnt seemed to work properly. if anyone has a code that does this or help it would be great!

i am using firefox and i can use ie.

thanks!

Advertisements

CrAzY_J

CrAzY_J

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
banners as in advertisements that geocities put there?

I don't think that's very legal

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
There was a code to remove the old geocities banners (the ones that could be closed), but not the new ones (the ones that just slides to the right). Plus, it's not legal to remove those as crazy_j has said. Your site could be terminated if geocities found out

CrAzY_J

CrAzY_J

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

There was a code to remove the old geocities banners (the ones that could be closed), but not the new ones (the ones that just slides to the right). Plus, it's not legal to remove those as crazy_j has said. Your site could be terminated if geocities found out

OK, not illegal.
But against the Yahoo Terms Of Service.

edit: misunderstood quoted posted, sorry.

Edited by CrAzY_J, 25 October 2005 - 08:45 PM.

jadyn

jadyn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ah really? Not legal.. hm. That's dissapointing!

ComputerJoe

ComputerJoe

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
It's not illegal but if you do it Yahoo! have the right to shut it down. I suggest you find another ad-free host.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Pay em' a few lousy bucks a month, not only will the banners be gone, you can use FTP upload, hot link to your files, do all kinds of neat stuff the free site won't let you do.