Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Free data recovery program?

• Please log in to reply

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
OK, so, my hard drive wasn't being seen by windows, but it was byt he bios, so, i ran my Western Digital data lifeguard tools, and it detected it, so i told it to set it up to use as a storage drive and it formatted it drive, well, anyways, i need to get the data back off that drive, and spending money isn't an option ATM, anybody know of any decent NTFS data recovery software that is shareware and doesn't have a file size limit? But as i said, i need it to recover files from a format, so, i used a demo program to see if it is still there and it did see it, so, i just need to recover it.

Advertisements

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
First of all don't do anything with your drive (such as installing or copying anything there). I've never used this sort of free software but maybe this link will help:
http://www.google.co...&q=diskrecovery
http://www.google.co...tor&btnG=Search

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
I know not to do anything to the drive, I've had to recover data b4, some stuff got deleted on my dads computer, but he paid for some program, but we don't remember what e-mail address he used to buy it with and he no longer had a credit card.... but i found something already, friend loaned something to me.