Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer on a WAN port

• Please log in to reply

LeatherCat

LeatherCat

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Evenin' hackers everywhere.
While in the ever continuing process of setting up my home netwok, I'd like to have a firewall/mail server outside of the internal network. (I.E. connected BETWEEN the router and the cable modem. "double nat") I'm a bit anal about computer security. Any ideas how this can be accomplished? Any suggestions would be welcome. N.B. Using a PII 450 with 2 nic's running Fedora Core 2 (stripped) as the existing firewall INSIDE the LAN but I'd like to move it to the WAN port. Let me know what you think.
Gerry

Advertisements

Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Gibson Research Corporation has a good page on advanced NAT router tricks. One of the configurations they suggest may just be the ticket.

Edited by Kurt_Aust, 26 October 2005 - 01:19 AM.