Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Got Rid of ied_s7.cab; Still Problems

• Please log in to reply

one34east

one34east

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is my first time posting. Trying to comply with rules :)

My Windows XP machine recently began experiencing problems when opening AOL. I started receiving the following message "your system is low on virtual memory. windows is increasing the size of your Virtual Memory paging file". Please note the setting should have been fine but I increased it. I also have almost 1mg of ram.

After much research it seemed a virus might be involved as something was sucking all my resources so larger programs could not operate properly.

Stupidly let my Norton Antivirus expire and my machine became infected with the ied_s7.cab virus (or whatever it might be called). After re-upping Norton and running Spybot, Ad-aware, etc. I "removed" virus but computer continues to display the same symptoms.

I then tried to defrag and could not. I then found you guys and followed every step on the page. CWShredder, Ewido... the only things found were cookies, etc.. The Trojan Hunter came up with " Found possible Trojan file: C:\Program Files\HLM\hlm.exe (Possible Trojan downloader).

I've been trying different things for over a week. Now I plead for your mercy :tazz:

Advertisements