Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What math class are you in?

• Please log in to reply

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
So what math class is everyone in? (for students)

If you aren't in math or in school, what was the last math class you took?

I took AP Calculus last year during my Junior year. And I'm too busy my Senior year to take Second year Calculus.

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Im in my senior year in Highschool, im taking College Alg (Sem1) And Trig (Sem2). Its basically Pre Calc

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm in the great math class of life "one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + one beer + tequilla = floor"

last real math class i took was some weird pre-trig quasi calc partial algebra thing at ITT...their not big on math classes

Danny

Danny

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Heh..I'm in 8th grade - Intro To algebra

:)

Danny :tazz:

MikeR005

MikeR005

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Im in 8th grade...lmao i am starting 2 do algerbra 2. :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Im at uni applied mathematics 1 and mathematical methods 1 this semester and am2 and mm2 next semester, tis well solid stuff. Makes the calculus i did in higher maths at high school look like kiddies stuff and the none calculus stuff is just shockingly difficult and akward they teach you whole new ways of doing things and assume you love maths with a passion and all own your own slide rule cause you want to be old skool geniouses.

HenryVI

HenryVI

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
10th grader here, I'm in Pre-Calculas PreAP. I was of the last students in our school district to take Algebra 1 as a 7th grader. The next year they didn't allow ANY 7th graders to take it. Boy were some mad....

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

10th grader here, I'm in Pre-Calculas PreAP. I was of the last students in our school district to take Algebra 1 as a 7th grader. The next year they didn't allow ANY 7th graders to take it. Boy were some mad....

You mean they won't let kids be that far ahead in the math program? That's cheap. Do you know what their reasoning is?

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I'm 19
Student

and i hate math!!! :tazz:
So for that reason
I'm not study math--

Dr. Gutstein

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yes maths is really awful i have to do it cause im doing a science degree, and me braniac took a engineering as my optional module thus neccesitating doing the next level up from what i had to this semester and its really hard. I see bits from high school that they showed you how to do like chain rule and differentiation ut didnt really explain the whole first principles of it which are just to complex to understand and just confuse you, but they are important to know apparently even though you know how to do the maths.

It sucks and its getting harder by the day, im either going to throw a flaky wlak out and join the army, or building myself a little bb auto cannon and wire it up to one of the buttons drawn on the desks that say SHOOT LECTURER PRESS HERE NOW. To see some poor person press that button and have the lecutrer pinned down behind his overhead projectors of doom would make my year. Ah well ive got maths assesments to do now, better put my insane ramblings back in my head, i swear the voices are getting louder since i started this maths course.

Advertisements

Deven

Deven

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I'm a junior taking Pre-AP Pre-Calculus.. I definately won't be taking AP Calculus next year, but instead maybe AP Statistics or College Algebra 8-)

whokiid

whokiid

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
12th grade last completed class was Trig

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Heh..I'm in 8th grade - Intro To algebra

:)

Danny :tazz:

Woah! Lol!

I am in the second highest, AP Algerbra. I love/hate Algerbra.

Offtopic: I love histroy and rule at it, I hate Science(I am in the highest Science though) thought its usually my best grade. 94-98

hodesworthe

hodesworthe

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Finihed up Calc w/ Analytic Geom III last year, then I took a class in Linear Algebra for no reason... talk about GEEK! Now I'm taking 2 CAD classes and, surprisingly, there's virtually no math involved at all! :tazz:

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I love math. :tazz:
I'm a Junior and I'm taking AP Calculus. I'm proabably going to take the BC test, so if I get a 4/5, I might take Calc 3 Senior year. I want to get as far as possible so I can get to the really advanced classes in college, because I want to be either a theoretical or astrophysicist. This class is going to be hard, however. Last year a kid who is extremely talented in math was the only one to get an EA (somewhere around 90%)! I heard that teacher doesn't think that the students are smart enough at my school. One student a few years ago got a 4.21 (on a 4.0 scale, a 95+% in an AP class is worth 5.0, but there are only about 10 offered at my school) and went to Harvard. I wonder if she was good enough. If he calls me dumb, he's going to get a mouthful about my knowledge of theoretical physics (he also teaches physics).