Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

active desktop removed

• Please log in to reply

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
On boot my active desktop is removed ie white background with my icons on. I can reactivate my active desktop and I'm back to my original desktop. I have found that by unchecking system restore ie disable in services using msconfig, The problem is resolved. My user accounts are My name Computer admin, and guest account turned off. What I can't understand is why, when I right click my computer' properties' I don't see the system restore tag. I thought that you only didn't see this option if you were logged on with a low user. Anyway I can get round by using msconfig. :) Any Ideas :tazz: Cheers

Advertisements

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
:) Sorry guys, I must have got lucky with the reboot after disabling system restore, the problem is still there even with system restore disabled. :woot: I have an ongoing problem trying to remove Coolwwwsearch.homesearch that the administrator is helping me with and so after that has been resolved maybe my white desktop will also go :tazz: