Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msn virus. norton disabled.

• Please log in to reply

caes4

caes4

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi i am having a huge problem.
the other day, i recieved a msn message and it was a link.
something long the lines of http://www.something something [email protected]
anwyays i clicked it and it was an ms-dos program. naievely, i accepted it and i think i installed a virus.
Now i cant use msn properly, and my norton antivirus is disabled. and everytime i try to open norton antivirus the activation window pops up or it eroneously closes the program. Also when i try to go to mcafee.com or other antivirus websites to try to download an antivirus checker, the internet explorer wont let me as it says the page is not found. I have tried going to safe mode but the same thing happens. I am however able to run the norton antivirus scan in safe mode but it detects nothing!.

I am at a loss of words.............
please help!

thanks

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hi caes. I saw that you were cleaned up about a month ago. What went wrong. I am moving this topic to the malware forum. Please post a new hijack log and post it in this thread. :tazz:

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
hiya. yea i was clean.......................
but then happened yesterday msn.............
sigh.
anywho, i tried deinstalling norton . and when i rebooted. my computer was super slow! and the windows took forever to load. so im trying to reinstall norton and see what happens.
i will post hijack when i get home tonight............
thanks for the help.

Caes

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
hiya. yea i was clean.......................
but then happened yesterday msn.............
sigh.
anywho, i tried deinstalling norton . and when i rebooted. my computer was super slow! and the windows took forever to load. so im trying to reinstall norton and see what happens.
i will post hijack when i get home tonight............
thanks for the help.

Caes

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi,
ok several problems.
Firstly the description of how i got the virus.
- i got it 2 days ago when a friend of mine seemingly sent me a link via msn. it was something along the lines of http://www. someothing [email protected]. i clicked it and it loaded some kinda ms-dos program.
So the problems now.
-i cant access most antivirus websites such as mcafee.com and others.
-i cant keep windows such as hijack this (or the hijack this log. i had to rename the file to keep it open) and msconfig open. they close after 3 seconds of opening.
Thus i had to open up the hijack this in safe mode. i hope that works.
-I saw that a file called conime.exe was open in my task window (and i never saw it before) so i searched it and found several files on my computer that was named conime. so i deleted them. But then i searched online and found that they are supposed to be on my computer. I hope that didnt do anything.
-Norton will not turn on and the authorization window keeps opening and i cant install the program properly after deinstalling.

i am running ewido and trojan hunter right now. they detected some viruses and fixed them but i still have problems.

thanks

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:47:09 AM, on 10/27/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\caes\My Documents\New Folder\HijackThis.exe

F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\system32\lultxs\csrss.exe
F3 - REG:win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\system32\lultxs\csrss.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00THotkey] C:\WINDOWS\System32\00THotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [000StTHK] 000StTHK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFNF5] TFNF5.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmaTel StacMon] C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\SigmaTel AC97 Audio Drivers\stacmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EOUApp] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
O4 - Startup: csrss.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = %SystemRoot%\Installer\{AC76BA86-1033-0000-7760-000000000002}\SC_Acrobat.exe
O4 - Global Startup: RAMASST.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://spaces.msn.co...ad/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://www.bitdefend...can8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1121829410961
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {97AFC0D9-660E-4ACE-B025-46FD64AE335A} (EmailImport.EmailImportControl) - http://www.friendste...emailimport.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zon...ro.cab32846.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: IntelWireless - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\LgNotify.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Portrait Displays Display Tune Service (DTSRVC) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Portrait Displays\MagicTune\dtsrvc.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: OwnershipProtocol - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\OProtSvc.exe
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
hi i forgot, another thing i noticed that the virus does:
-it prevents hidden files from showing up. When i click to choose the option for showing hidden files it works for like 1 second maybe and then it hides them again and when i check, the showing hidden files option is unclicked again.

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
oh and also, i deleted norton systemworks. yet in my hijackthis log it still says that the norton firewall is installed?
i cant find any norton products in my add/remove programs list .

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
OK. Why don't we make this easy. We can reset a restore point to a time and date before you were infected. Do you remember when you were infected?

See here...

http://www.help2go.com/article184.html

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
hi,
i didn't turn on the restore point as i was instructed to turn it off last time because some viruses use that feature to reininfect computers?
anwyays i used an online virus checker and it detected a couple viruses: sp2something.exe which i deleted manually (the virus checker program stalled half way though and now i cant access the website anymore).
it also detected crss.exe i think its called. but i remember that was a program that was on before my computer was infected so i didnt delete that yet.

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ok i think that the virus is the csrss.exe/smss.exe
another online virus checker detects it but cannot clean nor delete it.
it is located in c://windows/system32/lultxs/ folder.
but when i search for this folder it disapears. so i cant delte it.
and it keeps resurfacing in msconfig bootup sequence after i reboot even when i deselect it.

Also, i attempted to use windows internal file protection which detects that all windows files are the original files. HOWEVER, it does detect that something is wrong and it requires my winxp sp2 cd in order to copy some dll files. BUT I DONT HAVE AN XP2 cd. i only have my toshiba laptop recovery cd and i downloaded xp sp2 online!!!! AAAARG i hate microsoft. What can i do about this problem?

thanks

Advertisements

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
hi, just a little update.
i deleted some of the csrss.exe registry files...........not sure if i deleted them all?
anywho, at least now the msconfig/ hijackthis windows dont close automatically. also the hide hidden file function works now.
However I still dont have access to certain websites such as pandascan, mcafee.com, etc.
and seems like my computer is a little slower than usual.
heres an updated hijack this log done on normal windows (not safe mode)

thanks

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:43:20 AM, on 10/28/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Portrait Displays\MagicTune\dtsrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DVDRAMSV.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\OProtSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\00THotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TFNF5.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\SigmaTel AC97 Audio Drivers\stacmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\caes\My Documents\New Folder\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00THotkey] C:\WINDOWS\System32\00THotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [000StTHK] 000StTHK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFNF5] TFNF5.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmaTel StacMon] C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\SigmaTel AC97 Audio Drivers\stacmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EOUApp] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = %SystemRoot%\Installer\{AC76BA86-1033-0000-7760-000000000002}\SC_Acrobat.exe
O4 - Global Startup: RAMASST.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://spaces.msn.co...ad/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://www.bitdefend...can8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1121829410961
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1130476234577
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {8EB3FF4E-86A1-4717-884D-7BA2D38272CB} (F-Secure Online Scanner) - http://support.f-sec...m/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {97AFC0D9-660E-4ACE-B025-46FD64AE335A} (EmailImport.EmailImportControl) - http://www.friendste...emailimport.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zon...ro.cab32846.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: IntelWireless - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\LgNotify.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Portrait Displays Display Tune Service (DTSRVC) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Portrait Displays\MagicTune\dtsrvc.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: OwnershipProtocol - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\OProtSvc.exe
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts

i deleted some of the csrss.exe registry files

Did you make a back-up of the registry? Please go back to an earlier point in system restore before you deleted those items in the registry. I will try to look at this later this morning as my job allows.

csrss.exe

Process File: csrss or csrss.exe
Process Name: Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem

Description:
csrss.exe is the main executable for the Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. This process manages most graphical commands in Windows. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Note: csrss.exe is also process which is registered as the W32.Netsky.AB@mm worm, the W32.Webus Trojan, Win32.Ladex.a and more. This virus is distributed via the Internet through e-mail and comes in the form of an e-mail message, in the hopes that you open it’s hostile attachment. The worm has it’s own SMTP engine which means it gathers E-mails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
unfortunately no. as i said, i had system restore disabled.
also, when in sysregistry, i searched for csrss.exe but i only deleted the registry items that said windows/system32/lultxx/csrss.exe
the folder lultxx does not exist or is the virus...............so thus i thought it was ok to delete those registry items.
in the task window, the csrss.exe file still shows up so i dont think the normal windows file is affected.

also, i am having some trouble even reaching this site sometimes. dont know if its the virus at fault.

thanks

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
To be quite honest, since you disabled system restore and went into the registry and made changes without backing it up, we may be spinning our wheels. I will look at your latest hijack this log, but you may have done irreperable damage. I will get back with you in a second.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Please download CleanUp! - Download - HomePage

Don't run it yet.

You may wish to print out a copy of these instructions to follow while you complete this procedure.

Please save Hijack This in a permanent folder (i.e. C:\HJT). This ensures backups are saved and accessible.

Please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items, then click fix checked.

Please reboot into safe mode (continually tap the F8 key while your system is starting, select Safe Mode from the menu).
Be sure you're able to view hidden files, and remove the following files in bold (if found):

csrss.lnk
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lultxs\<<entire folder

You already have ewido downloaded. Please reboot into safe mode and run it. Copy the log it produces and post it in this thread. Also, download panda and run the free scan and produce that log for me also.

http://www.pandasoft.../activescan.htm

Click on the button labeled CleanUp!.

When it finishes it will prompt you to restart Windows - there will be one or two files it cannot delete when Windows is running - however, they will be deleted next time Windows starts up.

If you would please, rescan with HijackThis and post a fresh log in this same topic, and let us know how your system's working. :tazz: