Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msn virus. norton disabled.

• Please log in to reply

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi,
alright so i ran hijack as you said and checked the options. however there was an error and it says:

Unexpected error occurred!
Error #52 (Bad file name or number) in Sub GetLongPath(?.exe).

Please send a report to [email protected], mentioning what you were doing, and what version of Windows you have.

This message has been copied to your clipboard.

after running hijack , i went into safe mode and tried to find csrss.lnk or the lultxs folder but didn't find either.
I then ran ewido and it found and fixed several spyware:

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 10:59:55 PM, 10/28/2005
+ Report-Checksum: EFB88B15

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\caes\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Falkag : Cleaned without backup
C:\Documents and Settings\caes\Cookies\caes@atdmt[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Atdmt : Cleaned without backup
C:\Documents and Settings\caes\Cookies\caes@doubleclick[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned without backup
C:\Documents and Settings\caes\Cookies\caes@fastclick[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Fastclick : Cleaned without backup
C:\Documents and Settings\caes\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Webtrendslive : Cleaned without backup
C:\Documents and Settings\caes\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RRDNN9GS\mm[2].js -> Spyware.Chitika : Cleaned without backup

::Report End

Then I had to reboot into normal windows in order to access teh internet to access the panda website.
BY the way, a user called varcsscotty advised me to do the following in order to be able to access the panda website.

you need to open your "hosts" file in notepad and delete all the web entries in there to gain access to the websites. hosts file is located here: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

I did that and i was able to access the panda website.
I used the online virus scanner and there was no log to produce. There were no viruses detected.
then i used cleanup and then logged off and relogged in.

the new hijack log is the following:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:26:02 AM, on 10/29/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Portrait Displays\MagicTune\dtsrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DVDRAMSV.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\OProtSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\00THotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TFNF5.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\SigmaTel AC97 Audio Drivers\stacmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lexpps.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\hijack this\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00THotkey] C:\WINDOWS\System32\00THotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [000StTHK] 000StTHK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFNF5] TFNF5.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmaTel StacMon] C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\SigmaTel AC97 Audio Drivers\stacmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EOUApp] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = %SystemRoot%\Installer\{AC76BA86-1033-0000-7760-000000000002}\SC_Acrobat.exe
O4 - Global Startup: RAMASST.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://spaces.msn.co...ad/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://www.bitdefend...can8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1121829410961
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1130476234577
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {8EB3FF4E-86A1-4717-884D-7BA2D38272CB} (F-Secure Online Scanner) - http://support.f-sec...m/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {97AFC0D9-660E-4ACE-B025-46FD64AE335A} (EmailImport.EmailImportControl) - http://www.friendste...emailimport.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zon...ro.cab32846.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: IntelWireless - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\LgNotify.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Portrait Displays Display Tune Service (DTSRVC) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Portrait Displays\MagicTune\dtsrvc.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: OwnershipProtocol - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\OProtSvc.exe
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

please let me know if i have to do anything else.
also as i mentioned, i deleted norton system works but the firewall still appears in the hijack log. how come?

thanks so much
thanks so much.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Check this in hijack this.

O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe (file missing)

How is it running?

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
hi,
ok done that.
well it seems to running ok so far............
i'll keep my fingers crossed.
thanks for the h elp.

btw do u know what i can do about that problem with the winxp sp2 CD popup problem?
i only have the toshiba laptop recovery cd and a winxp home edition cd and dont have any winxp sp2 cd.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts

winxp sp2 CD popup problem?

It shows that you have updated to sp2? What is the pop-up saying? Have you applied all windows updates?

caes4

caes4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
yes i have updated to sp2 along time ago.
but whenever i need to change something in windows or another example is, i used the internal windows program where it detects which windows item is genuine and original. and then a window pops up and says there are files that have been changed put in your winxp sp2 cd. but i dont have that cd.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
This is from Keith....he is one of our trusted techs and knows his stuff. :tazz:

Step 1

You will need to get your XP CD and locate the folder called:

I386

This is a major folder and should be one of the first you see, now copy this onto your hard drive into the system root. For most of you that is going to be C:\ so you should end up with a folder that looks like: C:\I386

-----------------------------

Step 2

Now you will need to tell your computer you now have the files on your PC. We do this is the registry (type regedit in the Run box on the start menu) by navigating to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Setup

You will see various entries here on the right hand side. The one we want is called:

SourcePath

It probably has an entry pointing to your CD-ROM drive, and that is why it is asking for the XP CD. All we need to do is change it to:

C:\

Simply double click the SourcePatch setting and a new box will pop up allowing you to make the change.

Now restart your computer and try scannow sfc again!

Before this it was asking fot the XP Professional SP2 CD, now it asks for the XP Home Edition CD

It keeps asking for it though, so put the mouse over retry and keep clicking it, as it's into three figures and only half way, but at least it hasn't said it cannot do it

If he inserts the XP CD, cancels it when it shows the set up screen

Click start, my computer, right click the drive with XP CD, click explore, click i386 to highlight, click copy, he may need to press x to close the folder display so he can select copy, copy it directly to C

When he gets to edit the registry he clicks the + for each key then clicks set up, on the right are two similar keys, it is the 2nd of the two, source path