Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hacktool.rootkit & w32.spybot.worm & backdoor.ranky

• Please log in to reply

PiXiE22

PiXiE22

• Pip
  • 1 posts
- hacktool.rootkit
-w32.spybot.worm
-w32.esbot.b
-w32.esbot.c
-backdoor.ranky

network is infected even though we have symantec AV installed and sygate firewall. never asked by sygate to allow or block anything but it still makes its way in somehow =( spybot and esbot keeps coming back like every 3 weeks after i remove them. the hacking tool is new. no matter what i do i can logon as admin in safe mode, and if i try remove the registry entries it wont allow me to do so.. why cant symantec anti virus remove any of these files and why doesnt it offer to clean your registry by itself? whats the point of having it if all it does is tell me that i have viruses that it cant do anything about? all it can do is quarantine them which it seems is pretty useless seeing as though they just copy themselves over again.. if i remove them on one pc they upload again from another infected pc. i cant remove all of them at the same time. i cant shut down the company for a day. only a few of the pc's have internet access and the few patches ive found only work over the net. but when pc is cleared it just fetches it from one of the pc's that is offline and wasnt patched. how can i sort out this problem?? =( why does symantec anti virus let a virus infect the same pc twice? and why dont the patches prevent infection in future from the same virus they remove? why does sygate not do anything about these viruses? why doesnt it ask me to block them? im tired of doing this every 3 weeks with all the pc's that are spread all over the country.. its not practical. why do we always get viruses and companies that my friends work for have never had any at all and they are all on the net too?? =( thanks alot in advance.

Advertisements