Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no display (laptop to monitor)

• Please log in to reply

noobtech

noobtech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I have a few laptops that are exactly the same. But one of the laptops cant display anything thats hooked up to it. It seems to work fine until windows loads up. When the log-in screen comes up i loose display on the monitor. My laptop screen works fine. I need to get this working for presentations. any idea?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi noobtech...

Open "Display" in Control Panel. On the "Settings" tab, click the monitor icon that represents the monitor you want to use in addition to your primary monitor.
Select the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" check box, and then click "Apply or OK".
If the check box is not displayed on your computer, it may be because your video adapter does not support multiple monitors.

wannabe1

noobtech

noobtech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
i got it. thanks though. It reinstalled windows and it works fine. The reinstallation process...ultimate cure lol.