Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intermintint connections

• Please log in to reply

ssalter

ssalter

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I am supporting a terminal services envrionment with 30+users logged on simultaniously, and am experiencing intermintent connections. i am wondering if this is something that otheres have experienced? the server connection is a T-1 so i am sure it is not the bandwith that is causing this problem. i have read before (not sure where ) that in the terminal service envrionment that the admin had to do a reeboot daily to maintain integrety for the envrionment. could this be the cause? i have discussed this with otheres and the response to it has been that "its a srerver and it does not require to be rebooted like a normal computer would be"
this is a srever running Terminal services and i am thinking that i DO need to reboot each day. if so is there some way to automate the process? and if so would there be a way as well to log on a TS user at each reboot? i have a backup program that needs to run but only will run if the user is loged on....
feedback appreciated.
Thanks

Edited by ssalter, 26 October 2005 - 11:35 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Intermittent connection problems where?

Decribe the connections and the error messages/conditions, please

Put me in the list of people who say that rebooting is likely not the issue

ssalter

ssalter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
not alot to explain and i think that will cause some confusion, but here goes.
all users are using an RDP to access the server and are recieving "screenshots" pulling a session to themselves similar to the one you have before you. all programs are provided from the server, i have in some cases, winterm's (dummy terminals) accessing the server as well. all users are remoting in to the server. when i say inytermitinate i mean that when loged on they will experience a stop of service, (typing and no response then it catches up to them) then all is good. it is the stopping of service that i am trying to figure out....some offices it is worse than others, i am the only support for 25 locations (2-4 users per) and have my hands full as it is (do not want to have to support each LAN as well as the server, nor the time to do so) am at my wits end and am looking for any suggestions. i have considered using my ISP to have thier tech come and review the LAN here and see if it is a LAN prob, other than that i dont know...i did have a comp here on the LAN with a worm that I took off line, it was blasting my gateway and i figured it was causing the other computers to fall off. DHCP was being provided by the gateway, does that make sense?
hope this helps some, and ill listen to any advice.
Cheers,