Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wrong Processor...?

• Please log in to reply

theliquidman

theliquidman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay this is wierd. I have an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ but my computer thinks it's a 2500+. For one thing, why does it think this, and for another is it effecting performance?

The "properties" of my computer, System Information and dxdiag think it's a 2500+

The rest of my specs are:
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Motherboard
2x512MB Dual Channel Kingston Hyper-X
ASUS Radeon A9600XT

I'm running Windows XP SP2.

I don't know about everyone else but this seems really wierd to me. :tazz:

Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

theliquidman

theliquidman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I found this link, it looks like I'm not the only one...
http://www.computing...forum/9831.html

wilsned

wilsned

• Pip
  • 2 posts
this could be because they both use the same multiplier setting 11. the fontside bus speed on a 2500 xp is 166 and on a 3200 xp it should be set at 200 so check this in your bios. I know this because I use an overclocked 2500 at 3200 but remember your memory must be ddr 3200 (400mhz) for the higher bus speed.